The purposes of AAFEPA are:
The primary goals of AAFEPA are:
- To promote an exchange of knowledge, experience, and ideas concerning federal programs in order to enable the members to serve educational entities with greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- To disseminate information concerning resources available from the federal government so that greater use can be made of these resources.
- To supplement and assist the flow of information and constructive comment from the offices of the Alabama Department of Education that is responsible for the administration of federally supported educational programs.
- To provide advice and counsel regarding federal programs to any member and/or organization seeking to serve the educational needs of the community, the state or the nation.
- To provide training institutes or workshops in the areas of federal programs.
- to support school and division administrators in the implementation of federal education programs that effectively supplement local and state education programs to close the achievement gap between children who are advantaged and children who are economically disadvantaged, children from major racial/ethnic groups, children with disabilities, children classified as limited English proficient, and other subgroups such as migratory and homeless students;
- to provide opportunities to promote effective teaching and learning;
- to increase student achievement through cross-program coordination and integration of services and activities; and
- to assist administrators in interpreting and implementing the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015.
Download Policy Manual.